Access denied to Current Index to Statistics database
IP Address: 18.104.22.168
Access has been denied to the CIS database, because the IP address/number from which you are working has not been authorized. One of the following reasons probably applies. For limited free access to the database for nonsubscribers, see below.
Your browser is not set to accept cookies. To authenticate you as a user, your browser must be set to accept cookies from the CIS server and (if authenticating as a member of the ASA or IMS) from the ASA/IMS server. Please check that your browser options are set appropriately.
Your institution does not subscribe to CIS.
- For members of the sponsoring societies (American Statistical Association or Institute for Mathematical Statistics: You are entitled to free access as a member. Log in through your society's "Members only" site (linked from the "Access denied" page or the CIS home page).
- Nonmembers: If you are part of a group using CIS, purchase an institutional Web license (university, general, commercial, or 4-station). If not, purchase a personal (nonmember) license. Instructions are at the CIS web site.
This may be because the access list has been specified too narrowly, excluding some subnets or particular nodes. Ask your CIS site licensing contact to extend the scope of the access list.
Another possibility is that your institution has defined access in terms of IP names, and some of nodes you are using have names that are not listed in host tables that can be used for reverse DNS lookup. (For example, your licensing contact may have requested that all names *.myuniversity.edu should be enabled for access, but your node 127.111.222.123 is not listed in a table with its name mynode.myuniversity.edu.) If this is a possibility, then you should ask your institution's CIS site licensing contact, possibly with the assistance of your local networking specialist, to identify the problem and make necessary changes in the access list or your local host tables. You should save the information at the top of the
Your institution has a CIS license but you access the Internet through an institutional (corporate, university) node that is not identified with your institution (such as an ISP that you reach from your home computer). Solution: See the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for some possible solutions to this problem.
For questions about access to the CIS Web query site or general questions about CIS, please use this query form: https://secure.imstat.org/secure/orders/ciscontact.asp
If your query concerns an access problem, please include the following information:
- IP Address: 22.214.171.124
- Hostname: ec2-54-196-29-175.compute-1.amazonaws.com
- The problem you had accessing CIS, including whether you were authorizing access via an institutional (network) license, sponsoring society Members-only page (ASA or IMS), or by a CIS username/password combination.
Last updated: 12/12/2011    [Send a question or comment]