TECHNICAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE CIS DATABASE
Information about the SQL database and XML archive currently used for CIS development and queries.
- MySQL database definitions.
- PostgreSQL database definitions in three parts: content, journal, publisher.
- DTD (data type definition) for the XML files, and sample XML file.
- Open Source License covering the above-listed items and other CIS software development.
Information primarily related to the 7-field records that were the primary form for the database prior to 2002
- User Guide to the CDROM version of CIS/ED (From last CDROM version, Release 11, 2003) (Formats: PDF,DVI, 30 pages)
- Technical Reference Manual, 1997. [38 pages, 350K, PDF format 4/30/98]
Note: This is the most current version of the TRM. It details the formats of each of the fields of the database.
- Year 2000 Compliance Status for Current Index Products [9K, PDF Format 4/30/98]
- Technical Changes in Release 8 Edition (2000)
- CIS/ED TN-1 12-Jul-95 [Citation of Supplements and Addenda - Column 27 of Field 1]
- CIS/ED TN-3 22-Mar-95 [Treatment of correction notes, acknowledgments of priority, and comments in CIS]
- CIS/ED TN-4 11-Sep-94 [On Selecting Good Keywords]
- CIS/ED Guidelines for accents [PDF format]
- Proposal for Indexing Technical Reports in Statistical Sciences (1995)
- Proposal for Indexing Theses and Dissertations in Statistical Sciences (1995)
Last updated: 05/04/2006    [Send a question or comment]